As you are probably already aware, American Legion Post 139 has entered into a partnership with the Arlington Partnership for Affordable Housing (APAH). As a result the new building (Terwilliger Place) will house both Post 139 and 160 units of affordable housing. 80 of those units will have a Veteran preference. The remaining 80 units will go to anyone, including veterans, but will have no preference associated with them.
APAH is taking applications now and the units will be awarded to the first applicants who meet all criteria.
If you meet the basic eligibility requirements below (that is, your income is at or below the figure for your household size), and you would like to be considered for an apartment unit at Terwilliger Place you should contact Esther Mooney (community manager for the property) at 703-215-1542, or her email at email@example.com.
It may also be helpful to you to visit the Arlington Partnership for Affordable Housing (APAH) website at https://www.terwilligerplace.com/
- Eligible Status: Active Duty, Veteran, Spouse, Widow and Widower
- Must check off Veteran Status on Application
- Must provide proof of Militray/Veteran Status (DD-214, Health I.D. Card, Benefit Statement)
Requirements for All Applicants
- Income Verification (typically six most recent paystubs, bank statements, etc)
- Additional Income Verification (SSI, Child Support, TANF etc).
- Photo I.D from all leaseholders
- All applicants must pass our credit and criminal background screening
- Birth Certificates for occupants under the age of 18